Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 79: Exercise helps

So I did remember get on the scale to weigh in this morning, before breakfast. And astonishingly, I broke even, despite my many food-related indiscretions this past week.

I can only chalk this up to having gotten in some serious cardio the past few days, although not in a gym. Two days ago I had to clean and prepare our rental apartment for new guests, and each time I do that it takes at least two full hours of sweat. That day I also had a lot of up-hill (and down-hill) walking as well. Yesterday was more of the same, including two trips to pick up and bring home a playmate of my step-son, and his family lives on the 4th (5th American) floor of a building with no elevator. (It could have been worse; he's got another friend who lives on the 6th (7th American) floor of a neighboring building with no elevator, and I avoid going there like the plague despite the fact that I like the kid and his family. But seriously? Who wants an apartment on the 7 floor with no elevator? They're younger parents than we are so maybe they've got more energy.)

I've also banned soda from the house - even the sugar-free stuff. I will have it once in a while now when I'm out somewhere, but that involves buying a single serving rather than having liters of it at my disposal. My husband agrees with this for himself also; we were drinking too much of it. So it's juice and water in our house now, and I think drinking the extra water is helping me as well.

As you can see, I'm trying to focus more on what I'm doing right rather than what I'm doing wrong. That's not to say that I'm unaware I am still making poor choices, and that this must stop if I want to drop the weight. I've been on WW and writing this blog now for 79 days and at the moment I'm still only showing a TOTAL loss of 2.4 pounds.

This is not exactly a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Contrarian that I am I beg to differ. It IS a good thing,Lisa,to have maintained a loss overall. Think of the terrible might have been worses(???)....alternative disaster scenarios...NO, wait- the positive focus is much more fun and sustainable for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least you've lost something......i have been going to curves in the am and then walking or biking along the lake road in the afternoons & eating pretty sensibly (but not giving up wine) and still nada.....hoping not to have to do without wine, sniff

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.