Thursday, August 23, 2012

Days 70-71: Do-over

OK, so 222.6 today. Yes, weigh-in day again. I'm down for the week but up about 2 lbs. from my great success of having lost that first 5 lbs. Now I will have to re-lose those pounds. Yet again.

Not super happy about all this, but it is what it is, and dwelling on it won't make things better. What will make things better is to shake off the past mistakes and start over.

Maybe what is important for me to take away from this is that weight loss is always, always, always a do-over opportunity. If you fall down, you get back up again and keep moving. It's never too late unless you DECIDE it's too late. You can always start fresh.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and was proud of myself for buying NO fizzy sugary drinks and NO cookies or sweets. I did buy a bag of potato chips for my husband but I don't like salty snacks, so there's no danger there for me from having them in the house. We do have cookies in the house because we have a child who is actually a little under-weight, so other than just not wanting him to have too much sugar (that's not healthy for anyone) there is no reason to prevent him from having a treat every afternoon. But I am trying to buy cookies I don't even like, so I'm less tempted. Unfortunately the kid has now discovered Oreos.

Instead, I bought mainly fruits and vegetables and chicken and yogurt. Then last night I made a stir-fry of chicken, zucchini and red peppers with a little bit of teriyaki sauce. Probably a little too much sodium in the sauce for the night before a weigh-in (I learned long ago that on Weight Watchers you try to avoid salty foods the day before you weigh) but it was easy and delicious. And I got to try out these new ceramic knives we bought on vacation (we're into the French "Master Chef" TV show and my husband spotted these knives that they talked about on the show last season) - they are FABULOUS! Anyway, dinner was light and delicious and healthy. And I got to feel a bit more virtuous.

So the do-over begins. Do-over... do-BETTER. That's my motto for the week.

2 comments:

  1. my friend who is renting the garage apt here in NC talked me into going to Curves with her & i ended up joining....hell, I'll try anything......and as a gym type thing goes, it's not too bad....at a "regular" gym, i cant walk on a treadmill cause i get seasick, and most of those machines seem to do more harm (to my joints) than good.....but i can handle these curves machines.....am trying to at least lose a few lbs before i go to paris & am re-united with camembert.......maybe we can have a healthy lunch together when i'm there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about Curves. They may even exist here in France but I've never actually seen one. The French are less interested in working out in a gym (although I think younger people are doing more working out these days) so there are fewer gyms out there. In the US it seems there's a gym on every corner!

      Delete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.