Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 104: Surprise

Today I had to wear a belt to keep a particular pair of jeans from falling off my butt.

Lest I take full credit it may not be due me, I will just say that these jeans have always been a little bit big in the waist. When I bought them they were "comfortable" but after wearing them (and not having a clothes dryer to shrink the fibers a bit), they get a bit TOO roomy sometimes.

Well, following my over-the-weekend gastro weight drop, I got tired of constantly having to pull my pants up all day long. After all, I'm not a 16-year-old wannabee rapper and no one needs to see my underwear.

So I found a belt. I actually only have two belts and one of them came with a pair of jean shorts I bought this summer, and it's narrow and made of fabric. The other belt is thicker, less comfortable and made of black leather and I think I've only ever worn it once. I went with the cloth one because it would be more comfy and less bulky under my sweater (oh, I also put on a sweater I haven't worn in a while because it was getting too tight and didn't look right on me. Now it looks much nicer).

Because fat girls don't usually DO belts, do we? At least, not often, and not with the same effect as a nice belt can have on a skinny girl's outfit.

So we all know that feeling when we can FINALLY start wearing belts again!

I have a long, long way to go and belts won't be a regular part of my wardrobe for a while yet. But putting one on today gave me a glimpse of what kind of fashion fun I can have, somewhere down the road a bit.

3 comments:

  1. wee-HA! What a great feeling!

    I own two belts also. I put them on, then take them off, then put them on again only to take them off one last time. I have had them for years. Maybe I should send them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please put up a new post so I can stop looking at these two a**es. Ha! No, really!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.