Saturday, September 22, 2012

Paused

I seem to have inadvertently pressed "pause" on this blog. And on my attempts to lose weight.

I'm embarrassed to say that the past couple of weeks I have not even bothered to weigh in. And we all know what THAT means.

I could say that I've been juggling a lot in my personal life. I could say that I'm up to my eyeballs in paperwork to attempt to get French nationality. I could say that the back-to-school period required some unexpected shifts in our family schedule. I could say I've been under additional stress.

All of that would be true. It's still no excuse. Life happens, and weight loss shouldn't stop cold because of life happening. But somehow, it does.

I know I'll come back to it sooner or later. Hopefully it will be sooner. I have a doctor's checkup next month and he's going to want a report on my cholesterol level; it would be nice to show him I am making some efforts to improve my overall health. I'm not enthused about taking another medication for cholesterol but it may come to that if I don't lose enough weight. (On the other hand I do have a genetically low "good" cholesterol and that's the kind of thing that is difficult to fix without medication unless you're able to exercise a lot. And right now extreme exercise is out of the question for me.)

I know you've been wondering why the radio silence, and now you know. I'll be back, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.