Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 115: Blessings

Today marks five years since the day I first met my husband and we had our first date.

I feel so fortunate to have met him and to have someone in my life who makes me smile every single day. I don't recall another period of time in my life where I had something to be happy about EVERY DAY, but that's how it's been since we met, and it's not an exaggeration. It doesn't mean there aren't problems in our daily lives from time to time, but how could I not have at least some moments of pure joy each day, when he looks into my eyes with such sincere and unconditional love?

I sometimes wonder what it takes to feel that sort of unconditional love for myself. I am way too hard on myself (i.e. a bit of a bully) and although I do try and release all of that negativity, it seems to be very deeply ingrained. I could pass the blame onto others in my past for that, but what good does THAT do?

But today, I don't want to focus on all the things I'm doing wrong with regard to my commitment to my health. Today, I prefer to focus on the love, the joy, the happiness and all the blessings.

3 comments:

  1. No need to focus on it today (you're way too BUSY (I hope. Ha!)) But sometimes we need to get tough on ourselves and seiously buckle down if we want to accomplish something. Going easy on myself and soothing my inner (abused) child on the sofa with chips and take-out Chinese is how I got in this condition. (Fat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are taking time to reflect on the day you met the man who became your wonderful Husband!! And thanks for the reminder that we need some unconditional love for ourselves, as well. My wonderful husband tells me daily (several times, even) that he thinks I am beautiful. I dismiss his compliments immediately and almost unconsciously. This needs improvement, on my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband and my husband must be cut from the same cloth. :)

      But how sad that we can't see ourselves the way THEY see us. Definitely something for us to work on, I agree.

      Delete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.