Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 125: Quickie

Super-quick post today, as it's nearly 10pm and I'm wiped out.

The "do one healthy intentional thing a day to be proud of" campaign continues. Yesterday I didn't get out for any exercise BUT I did stop myself before eating a lot of junk food for lunch instead of taking a few minutes and preparing something healthier. I ended up with a half-cup of gazpacho, a garden salad with lemon juice instead of oil and vinegar, and a cup of left-over plain pasta (it had a little butter and salt but not much, and no heavy sauces). Compared to what I normally might eat at that time of day, that was a huge improvement.

Today my healthy thing was getting my ass out of bed before eating and going to get some necessary routine blood work. Which I absolutely HATE; I'm a total baby about stuff like that. I'm sure my cholesterol is up and I'll get a lecture, but the main reason I went to get it is to get a renewal on my BP meds, and my doctor is very conscientious about not giving renewals if I haven't had blood work at least once a year. Good for him, seriously.

Overall as well, the past two days I have really resisted the temptation to snack out on sugar and things that don't serve my long-term goals. I wanted to, believe me. But I didn't.

So far so good, and finding things to feel proud of, even if in other areas of my life I'm still not performing at my best. We'll talk about that another day.

Bonne nuit, all.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to get that bloodwork done. It can really help set you on the right track when you see the cholesterol and blood sugar go up. You may even be able to get rid of those BP meds at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dieting's a b***h, isn't it?
    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.