Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 21 & 22: Regrouping (slowly)

Weigh-in today: 223.6
Lost this week: -0.2 lbs. 

So that's not spectacular... but it's not a gain, either. And considering that on Tuesday night we took all the kids out for raclette (that's a whole lot of melted cheese plus meat and potatoes, a specialty of the alpine region of France and also Switzerland, and it's delicious!) I think even a small loss is something I can be satisfied with.

I'm kind of paying for all that cheese 48 hours later, though. I don't normally eat much cheese, although I do like it, but my body can't handle too much of it. So... no more raclette for the rest of the summer (it's really a winter dish but there is a great restaurant that makes it just near our house and the kids wanted to eat THAT as their last dinner with us before summer vacation).

I have been drinking more water and getting in a lot more walking. Getting out of the apartment is key; I can tend to kind of hole up in here sometimes with very little outdoor exercise. I've been meeting friends at different place around town this week and that has not only been fun, but good exercise, too.

I'm not doing as well as I could with tracking my meals and planning ahead. Those of you who have commented about the need to plan, at least a little in advance, what you're going to eat? Are absolutely right about that, and it's something I don't do very well at normally. Then I'm home during the day and lunch time rolls around, and suddenly I'm starving and there's nothing healthy in the house! (Breakfast isn't an issue; I kind of stick to a healthy cereal with skim milk every day, and that's enough for me.)

I'm looking on this next week - mostly kid-free, as my young step-son is on vacation with his mom for the next 2 1/2 weeks - as an opportunity to focus more on myself and get back on track. I have to believe I can do this!

3 comments:

  1. I used to eat raclette al the time when I lived in the French Alps, when I was... 20. Good stuff. Good memories - thanks for that. You are fortunate to live in such a culinary glut; I too would have difficulty trying to trim. But a little portion control goes a long way, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa: I lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers, six years ago and have done a pretty good job of keeping it off. My best trick was knowing what my next three meals were going to be at all times. Even if my plans changed and I had to throw a little bit of food out, planning kept me on track. Also I always carried some kind of snack in my tote--an apple, banana, carrot sticks. It really helped me keep my willpower. Bonne Chance. I'm rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! 30 lbs is a lot, and keeping it off is something to really be proud of! I love hearing success stories, so thanks for sharing yours!

      Delete

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.