Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 7: Adjusting

After a couple of rocky days where I stuck to the program but felt kind of crappy, last night I started feeling better, and although it's still early in the day today, I kind of feel like the worst is over. I posted on the WW boards about feeling so hungry on the 4th day (also the 5th) and got a lot of good responses:
  • drink more water
  • add in more protein and high-fiber carbs
  • eat more of the weekly points, don't resist using them
So it's good to know that I CAN eat more carbs and weekly points, and maybe I'll even lose weight faster as a result if I do. Tomorrow is weigh-in day so we'll see; as of yesterday, as already noted, there wasn't much downward movement on the scales. I haven't weighed in yet today but chances are, I will, because the curiosity will be too much for me to resist. :)

The horrific gas seems to have abated somewhat; guess that really was about adjustments (and maybe a bit more balance between the 0 points fruits/raw veggies and other carbs/protein). Still feeling "puffy" though, and no period in sight (this pre-menopausal crap is for the birds; can we just freaking call it a day already?)

Look at all that fluffy goodness!
I did eat a pretty significant amount of microwave popcorn yesterday afternoon, so it's possible I did go over my daily points a bit on that, coupled with drinking a normal ginger ale and a normal cranberry juice, and eating some Japanese food which I find difficult to calculate the points for here. I've decided not to stress over it; it is what it is.

Got some stressful news from home yesterday though; my nephew, who is in the Army and who was due for deployment to Afghanistan in January 2013, may NOW have his deployment bumped up to pre-Christmas. Which will totally suck, and he's also going to miss his first wedding anniversary in August due to training. We're glad he's being well trained but we don't want him deployed at all, and certainly not before Christmas. I may have to change my plans to go back for Thanksgiving instead of Christmas so I can see him before he goes. I don't want to focus on the negatives but it's hard NOT to think "What if this is the last time..." and hard not to stress about what this will be doing to my sister while he's away for so long, in harm's way. We've all accepted that he has chosen this path for himself, that he's strong and doing so well (due for another promotion soon!) and that he feels committed to serve... we just don't want to be one of those families who has to make the ultimate sacrifice. But this is out of our hands, completely. I would enjoy spending Thanksgiving with my entire family as I haven't done that since 2005, and my husband thinks he could get the time off from work to come with me, too. Maybe we can even get his son to come down from Montreal on that weekend to join us, although the Canadians don't celebrate Thanksgiving the same time we do.

In other news, I need to write and feel completely unmotivated to do so, other than the blogging I'm doing. Maybe my catch-word for the next week should be "BALANCE" as in finding not only the right balance of foods to keep me feeling energetic while losing weight, but also finding the balance in my daily life so that there IS time for keeping the house (and rental apartment) clean -- and right now it's our house that is getting the short end of the stick -- and writing and family life. And a bit more fun out and about in the city would be a very nice thing, too.

* * * * *

Later that day...

Did you ever see or read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? The part where snotty, gum-chewing Violet Beauregard blows up like a blueberry because she ate something she was told NOT to eat?

Yeah, that.

I suddenly FEEL my body bloating beyond all belief. Was it the salt in the popcorn or too damn many cherries this afternoon? Yikes. If this doesn't "pass" (heh) by tomorrow, the weigh-in results are going to be dismal at best. Oy.


How I did yesterday: Not so bad. Maybe a bit more lax on the tracking and intake but nothing I'm especially worried about.
How I'm doing today (so far): a bit too early to tell, yet. Intentions are strong though, and looking forward to FIRST weigh-in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but be polite and keep it clean. Remember, you're in MY house now so wipe your feet before you enter.